The mission of the University of Kentucky (UK) Von Allmen Center for Entrepreneurship in keeping with the Gatton College of Business and Economics Strategic Plan, is to strengthen Kentucky’s economy through entrepreneurship, and business outreach in the Commonwealth.
- Providing business assistance to, as well as hosting entrepreneurial focused programs, events, and workshops for UK staff, students, and community entrepreneurs.
- Teaching essential entrepreneurial skills (i.e.pitching, networking, minimum viable product methodology, customer validation, etc.)
- Providing access to a network of mentors and service providers,
- Creating a regional innovation ecosystem through public and private partnerships.
- Fostering and growing the regional entrepreneurial culture within an inclusive environment.
Idea / Concept to Venture-Ready
Education - supporting pre-stage & early stage companies tailored to their individual needs
Fall Semester - Bootcamp 1.0 - You Are the Entrepreneur
- Open to UK Staff, Students & Community Members
- Experience full immersion
- One semester program designed to assess and validate the feasibility of a business concept, create a business model, and provide hands-on experience with real world projects.
- Attend once-a-week workshops on topics such as prototyping, marketing, finance, etc.
- The Von Allmen Center for Entrepreneurship offers Bootcamp 1.0 and 2.0 for up to 3.0 hours of EXP pass/fail class credit to UK students from any college/ department (undergraduate, and graduate).
Spring Semester - Bootcamp 2.0
In the spring of each year VACE also conducts a Bootcamp 2.0 for those teams who, 2.0 based on overall performance in Bootcamp 1.0, are invited to participate in this program. The Von Allmen Center for Entrepreneurship offers Bootcamp 1.0 and 2.0 for up to 3.0 hours of EXP pass/fail class credit to UK students from any college / department (undergraduate, and graduate).